Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Related Areas of FocusAppellateClass ActionsConstructionFiduciary LitigationProduct LiabilitySecurities LitigationTort & Insurance DefenseToxic Tort Litigation
“They’re awesome. They’re very professional, straightforward and knowledgeable. They’re also good at what they do and responsive.”
— Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
Wyatt’s team of litigators has the experience necessary to handle any commercial dispute, no matter how complex.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recently noted that Wyatt’s team “continues to impress.”
According to Benchmark Litigation 2014, “Wyatt is excellent. They’re everywhere. They’re good lawyers, a competitor says. Its clients include DuPont, Tempur-Pedic, Wild Turkey, Metro Bank and Vanderbilt University.”
Our clients have included a wide array of publicly traded and closely held companies of all sizes; executives and employees of those companies; professional firms; government contractors; both national and regional financial institutions; many departments of local, state, and federal government; the past four Kentucky governors; a state supreme court justice; and Muhammad Ali, just to name a few.
Wyatt’s business litigators are exclusively focused on getting the best results possible for you, whether that means giving advice to help avoid litigation altogether, finding the path to settlement or alternative resolution that minimizes exposure, or trying a case to verdict and seeing it through on appeal. We believe any representation starts with gaining an understanding of your business and the challenges you face. Then we partner with you to achieve your goals.
Your Success Stories
Our clients have enjoyed major legal successes as a result of our work. A few examples include:
- Resolved a dispute for a Fortune 100® company in what its general counsel described as “bet-the-company” litigation.
- Won a complete defense verdict for one of the largest accounting firms in the country regarding a $20 million malpractice claim and successfully defended the verdict, which was affirmed on appeal. The case was the largest accounting case in the state’s history.
- Won dismissals of two multi-million dollar False Claims Act “whistleblower” claims on behalf of General Electric Company.
- Won a jury verdict of over half a billion dollars for a physician in a complex intellectual property licensing case involving the manufacture and marketing of medical devices used in spine surgery.
- Won a $2 million jury verdict for Thornton Oil Corp. against its former CEO.
- Won a complete defense verdict for Static Control Components, Inc. after a five-week trial in a suit brought by Lexmark International, Inc. for $100 million involving patent, copyright, antitrust and numerous contract and tort claims.
- Won an arbitration award in favor of Henderson Municipal Power & Light against Big Rivers Electric Corp. over who gets to use or sell the City’s surplus electrical capacity. The award could allow HMP&L to sell millions of dollars in surplus power.
- Successfully represented Muhammad Ali in litigation regarding ownership of a robe Ali wore while fighting under the name Cassius Clay.
Wyatt’s Reputation at Work for You
Benchmark Litigation notes that our clients laud Wyatt’s commercial litigators for their “market reputation, demonstrable competency, and wide array of legal experience and expertise.” Likewise, clients report being “well served in ongoing advice, outcomes of mediation and lawsuits,” and in minimizing exposure. Benchmark Litigation reports that our practice also “receives consistent mention from peers, with special mention made of its huge depth of practice areas and skill sets.”
Our litigators are routinely recognized by both local and national rankings publications, including Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business; Benchmark Litigation; Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America; and Mid-South Super Lawyers, to name a few.
A large academic medical practice received a series of Civil Investigative Demands and subpoenas from the U.S. Department of Justice,...
We were engaged to represent a Kentucky and West Virginia child psychiatrist who had been indicted for Medicaid Fraud. The...
In 2020, the Board considered at length, and ultimately decided to approve, a tax increase to improve outcomes for tens...