Robert E. Craddock, Jr.
Bob Craddock is the Co-Chair of Wyatt’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Service Team and a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. He concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation.Show More
- Medtronic Sofamor Danek, Inc. v. Gary K. Michelson, M.D., and Karlin Technology, Inc., U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (Judge Jon McCalla). This dispute involved complex patent and intellectual property licensing issues in regard to the manufacture and marketing of medial devices utilized in spine surgery, the inventor of which is Dr. Gary Michelson. The matter was concluded after a jury trial that lasted over three months and resulted in a verdict of over $560 million for our client.
- Conwood Company, LP v. Employers Reinsurance Company, et al., Chancery Court for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis. This case was tried before Chancellor Walter Evans of Shelby County, Tennessee. Mr. Craddock represented Conwood Company, LP, a manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Conwood sought recovery of defense costs totaling in excess of $20 million, incurred in products liability suits brought by users of its smokeless tobacco products. Conwood obtained a settlement from numerous carriers resulting in significant recoveries.
- Bruce Chasen v. CNL Hospitality Properties, Inc., et al., Circuit Court of Shelby County, Tennessee for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis. Mr. Craddock represented RFS Hotel Investors, Inc. in defense of a stockholder class action. The plaintiff brought suit against RFS seeking to enjoin its sale of the company. In this suit, RFS litigated the injunctive relief and was successful in defeating the plaintiff’s efforts to enjoing the sale of the company.
- Rita T. Sparks v. Robert D. Sparks, Brian T. Sparks, and David M. Johnson, as Trustees of the Willard R. Sparks Revocable Trust, Chancery Court of Shelby County, Tennessee for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis. Litigation involving Trust construction issues which resulted in settlement favorable to our client.
- Linda Bush v. Adworks Outdoor Advertising, LLC, Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc. v. Memphis and Shelby County Board of Adjustment, et al., Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc. v. David Hogue, et al., Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc. v. Allen Medlock, et al., Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc. v. Department of Transportation, et al. These five cases resulted from the highly competitive billboard industry. In various cases, issues were tried concerning restriction on property use, allegations of anti-competitive behavior, and issues of complex property ownership. The cases were all resolved in favor our client.
- Blockbuster of Tennessee, Ltd. v. Blockbuster, Inc., U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee. Mr. Craddock is currently representing Blockbuster licensees in the Memphis and Nashville areas. The case involves complex issues concerning exclusivity provisions in the License Agreement and its impact on online sales by the licensor.
- Howard Rosengarten v. Equity Inns, Inc., et al., Chancery Court of Shelby County, Tennessee for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis. Mr. Craddock is currently representing Goldman Sachs subsidiary Whitehall Street Global Real Estate LP 2007, in a shareholder strike suit brought by the shareholders of Equity Inns to enjoin acquisition of that company by Whitehall.
- Samuel D. Leggett v. Duke Energy Corp., et al., Court of Appeal, Western Division of Tennessee. Mr. Craddock is currently representing CMS Energy, a seller of natural gas in a shareholder class action alleging manipulation of natural gas pricing.
- CMH Manufacturing, Inc. v. BBC Distribution, LLC. U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee. Mr. Craddock is currently representing Clayton Mobile Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, in a products liability action against its distributor of manufacturing materials utilized in construction of manufactured housing.
- Innovative Solutions and Support, Inc. v. J2, Inc., et al. U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee. Mr. Craddock is representing defendants in this patent and trade secret litigation to be tried in Fall.
- Regions Bank
- Conwood Company, L.P.
- International Paper
- Clayton Mobile Homes
- Cummins Mid-South, LLC
- Lane Furniture (Furniture Brands International)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Magna Bank
- Trust One Bank
- Clarity, Inc.
- Eagle Vision, Inc.
- U.S. Medical Management
- Buck Consultants, , LLC
- Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
- CMS Energy Corporation
- Orgill, Inc.
- Whitehall Street Global Real Estate LP 2007 (Goldman Sachs)
- Lawyers Title Insurance Company
- J.D., University of Memphis School of Law, 1977
- B.B.A., University of Mississippi, 1974
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year Litigation – Intellectual Property 2018
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation – Banking & Finance, Litigation – Intellectual Property 2007-present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation 2021
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Memphis Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer in the area of business litigation, 2006-2019
- Holds the highest professional ratings by Martindale Hubbell law directory.
- Trustee of Hutchison School
- Board member/The Children’s Museum of Memphis/Executive Committee
- Board member/Memphis Arts Council/Executive Committee
- Co-Chair, Annual Fundraising Campaign for Memphis Area Legal Services
Mr. Craddock has lectured at numerous seminars regarding director and officer liability, as well as attorney and accountant malpractice.