Matthew M. Lubozynski
Matthew M. Lubozynski is a member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Protection & Litigation Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the area of intellectual property, patent and general litigation matters.Show More
- Represented multiple clients in patent infringement suits in various jurisdictions regarding patents for various technologies, including telecommunications, electronic payment and clearing systems, software, business methods, and electrical and mechanical devices.
- Received favorable settlement for telecommunications clients on all claims regarding patent infringement matters in the Northern District of Georgia involving fleet management and vehicle locations systems.
- Argued before the Georgia Supreme Court on behalf of a pro-bono client seeking habeas corpus relief.
- Represented clients in negotiating license agreements.
J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia
- Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Former Managing Editor, 2004
B.S., summa cum laude, University of Central Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Litigation – Intellectual Property, 2020.
- Recognized as a Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine Rising Star in the area of General Litigation – 2015, 2016
- Recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyers magazine Rising Star in the area of General Litigation – 2014
- Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lubozynski practiced law with the firm of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP, where he focused his practice on Litigation matters.
- Prior to law school, Matt played Professional Baseball in the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s minor league system and was an Academic All-American at the University of Central Florida.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Barrister, American Inns of Court (Memphis Chapter)
- Board Member of the Intellectual Property Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Service Juris Steering Committee Member, 2014
- Serves as Guardian Ad Litem
- Represents the action of tenants seeking the return of their security deposit from landlords who withheld them in violation of law.
- University of Central Florida Golden Knights Club Member
- Assistant Baseball Coach, Germantown Baseball League
- “Patent-holders Feel More Secure Thanks to Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Ruling,” Memphis Daily News, July 2016
- “How the Tennessee Business Court Affects the Business Community,” Memphis Daily News, July 2015
- Mr. Lubozynski is also a regular contributor to Wyatt’s IP blog “Finding IP Value.”