Matthew M. Lubozynski
Matthew M. Lubozynski is a member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Protection & Litigation Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the area of intellectual property, patent and general litigation matters. Matt is also a Tennessee Supreme Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator.Show More
- Jones v. Smith & Nephew, Inc., Tennessee Court of Appeals and Shelby County Circuit Court, Tennessee. Obtained affirmance from Tennessee Court of Appeals of trial court grant of dismissal with prejudice of medical device product liability action based on statute of repose
- Paragon Bank v. RMR Investment Company, Shelby County Circuit Court, Tennessee. Prevailed at a Rule 65 trial on the merits in a case involving a commercial lease case defeating Plaintiff’s request for an injunction and receiving attorneys fees for client
- Green v. Evolve Bancorp, Inc., et al., Shelby County Circuit Court, Tennessee. Obtained dismissal with prejudice on a motion for judgment on the pleadings of action seeking stock options
- Represented former professional football player in a right of publicity action in United States District Court
- Represented medical device manufacturer in multiple product liability actions in state and federal courts
- Co-lead counsel for trademark and copyright holder on a bench trial that resulted in a six-figure judgment and permanent injunction against accused infringer
- Represented multiple clients in patent infringement suits in various jurisdictions regarding patents for various technologies, including telecommunications, electronic payment and clearing systems, software, business methods, and electrical and mechanical devices.
- Received favorable settlement for telecommunications clients on all claims regarding patent infringement matters in the Northern District of Georgia involving fleet management and vehicle locations systems.
- Argued before the Georgia Supreme Court on behalf of a pro-bono client seeking habeas corpus relief.
- Represented clients in negotiating license agreements.
J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia
- Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Former Managing Editor, 2004
B.S., summa cum laude, University of Central Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Litigation – Intellectual Property, 2021 – present; Litigation – Patent, 2022 – present.
- Recognized as a Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine Rising Star in the area of General Litigation – 2015, 2016
- Recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyers magazine Rising Star in the area of General Litigation – 2014
- Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lubozynski practiced law with the firm of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP, where he focused his practice on Litigation matters.
- Prior to law school, Matt played Professional Baseball in the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s minor league system and was an Academic All-American at the University of Central Florida.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Georgia, Member (2004-Present)
- The Florida Bar, Member (2006-Present)
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member (2015-Present)
- Memphis Bar Association, Member (2015-Present)
- Leadership Germantown (Class of 2017)
- Barrister, Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court (2021-Present)
- Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court (2009-2010)
- Honoree, Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Edition for Litigation-Intellectual Property, 2022 Edition for Intellectual Property and Litigation-Patent
- 2018 Best of the Bar Honoree, Memphis Business Journal
- 2015, 2016 Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star for the Mid-South in Litigation
- Barrister, American Inns of Court (Memphis Chapter)
- Former Board Member of the Intellectual Property Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Service Juris Steering Committee Member, 2014
- Represents the action of tenants seeking the return of their security deposit from landlords who withheld them in violation of law.
- Member, City of Germantown, Tennessee Parks and Recreation Commission (2020-Present)
- Judge, 2021 City of Germantown, Tennessee Holiday Parade
- University of Central Florida Golden Knights Club Member
- Flag Football Coach, Germantown Football League
- Baseball Coach, Germantown Baseball League
- Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto: Can Artificial Intelligence be Listed as an Inventor on a Patent?, http://findingipvalue.com (Oct. 1, 2021), and presented at Lawyers Journal Club of Memphis (Jan. 25, 2022)
- General Counsel Roundtable, Moderator, Wyatt’s 23rd Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Memphis, Tennessee (Apr. 16, 2019)
- Help Me, Help You: Tips for Coordinating with Outside Counsel for Effective Depositions, Wyatt’s 22nd Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Memphis, Tennessee (Apr. 10, 2018)
- Let’s Go Crazy-Select Strategies, Cases, and Developments in Intellectual Property, Wyatt’s 20th Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Memphis, Tennessee (April 13, 2016)
- The Current State of Intellectual Property Litigation and Legislation-Strategies for In-House Counsel, Association of Corporate Counsel, Memphis Chapter (June 29, 2015)
- Keeping the Trolls at Bay: Developments in Patent Litigation: Wyatt’s 8th Annual In-House Counsel Institute, Louisville, KY (June 25, 2015)
- “Patent-holders Feel More Secure Thanks to Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Ruling,” Memphis Daily News, July 2016
- “How the Tennessee Business Court Affects the Business Community,” Memphis Daily News, July 2015
- Mr. Lubozynski is also a regular contributor to Wyatt’s IP blog “Finding IP Value.”