Thomas R. Dyer
Tom Dyer is a member of the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the areas of banking, business transactions, commercial real estate and commercial litigation.Show More
J.D., University of Tennessee, 1966
- Highest Professional Rating (AV®) by Martindale-Hubbell
- Mid-South Super Lawyer in the area of Business Litigation (2006-2018)
- Former Managing Partner of McDonnell Dyer
- Former Chief Executive Officer of Robert F. Sharpe Company
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Foundation
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Former President of the Tennessee Young Lawyers
- Former member of the Board of Governors of the Tennessee Bar Association and House of Delegates
- Former member of the University of Tennessee College Alumni Association
- Delegate to the Tennessee Constitutional Convention, Chairman of the Intangible Tax Committee, 1970-71
- Former President of the Tennessee Supreme Court Historical Society.
- Former Board Member of the Dixon Gallery & Gardens
- Board of the Christian Hope Foundation
- Member and Chairman of the Boys’ and Girls Club Foundation
- Advisory Board and Vice Chairman of the Salvation Army
- Member of Christ United Methodist Church has served in a number of capacities; Chairman of the Board, Lay Leader and others.
- Chair, Team Green Zone
- Vice Chair of Economic Development Engine for Memphis and Shelby County
- Member, Port Authority, Memphis, Tennessee
- Former Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of The Memphis Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chairman of the Memphis Area Chamber of Commerce International Business Committee
- Former Chairman of the Board of Crichton College
- Former Member of the Governors Board of Economic Growth
- General Counsel, Bartlett Chamber of Commerce
Mr. Dyer has written articles for legal and financial institution trade publications and the Robert F. Sharpe Company.
Mr. Dyer has lectured at educational seminars on lender liability, the responsibility of officers and directors and financial institution topics.