David W. Seewer
David W. Seewer is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate & Lending Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, commercial lending and leasing and municipal zoning law. With 30 years of experience, Mr. Seewer works closely with developers in residential and commercial developments from the zoning stage through the acquisition and financing stages. He also represents local and regional lenders in connection with acquisition and development financing for numerous residential and commercial developments.Show More
- Represented a tenant in negotiating its lease for two floors in a Class A Office Building in the Louisville Central Business District.
- Represented local community bank in its purchase of a $35,000,000 loan portfolio secured by seven (7) Walgreen locations located in the northeast and Midwest.
- Represented local community bank in a $20,000,000 office loan for a 120,000 square foot office building.
- Represent a local company in acquiring new hospital locations in Ohio, Indiana and Texas.
- Recently represented the landlord with Target Corporation in the ground leasing of a 9.72 acre location in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Lead real estate counsel in the acquisition and financing of a new hospital facility in Owensboro, Kentucky.
J.D., University of Kentucky, 1981
- Staff member of the Kentucky Law Journal
B.S., Eastern Kentucky University, 1978
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in Real Estate Law. In the 2011 edition, Mr. Seewer was recognized as a “Leading Individual” and described as “’a meticulous lawyer’ with a strong reputation for his work on commercial lending, development and leasing.” In the 2010 edition, he was recognized by clients for “his legal skill, commonsense approach and ability to get the deal done.”
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Real Estate Law, 2011-2021, Commercial Finance Law 2020-2021 and Banking & Finance Law, 2013-2021
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the area of Real Estate Law by Louisville Magazine, March 2012.
- Clerk for the Hon. Scott Reed on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Associate for the Louisville law firm of Brown, Todd & Heyburn
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisville and Kentucky Bar Associations
- Associate member of the Kentucky Chapter of the Certified Commercial Investment Managers (CCIM)
- Associate member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Board member of Leadership Kentucky, 2017; program participant 2009
- Bingham Fellows, Class of 2012, Topic – “Creating a path to prosperity – Engaging the community to inspire student achievement”
- Leadership Louisville, 2000
- Former member of the Executive Committee of the Louisville Sports Commission
- Board member of the Bluegrass Lacrosse Officials’ Association
- Formerly served on the Boards of the American Heart Association, St. Matthews Little League, Inc., and Kentuckiana Football Officials’ Association
- Every 1 Reads Program volunteer, a community initiative to help kids learn to read
Mr. Seewer has frequently lectured to attorneys and non-attorneys primarily in the areas of title insurance and commercial real estate leasing.