C. Tyson Gorman
How do you achieve success for clients?
By carefully listening and developing a clear understanding of the adversity faced, accounting for the unique nature of every new matter, and quickly developing a low-risk, cost effective solution to achieve the results desired by the client.
Tyson Gorman leads the Firm’s Labor & Employment Service Team. He has assisted numerous management teams with collective bargaining agreement negotiations and arbitrations. He also maintains an active litigation practice, assisting clients in all manners of litigation including commercial disputes, employment claims, personal injury/product liability defense, and construction and real property/title matters.Show More
- Representation of both private and public sector employers in a number of traditional labor law matters, including employer defense in labor arbitrations of all types, employment discrimination litigation, wrongful discharge and related tort cases, union organizing campaigns, and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Creggett v. Board of Education of Jefferson County, 2011 WL 4975742 – Obtained summary judgment in case by current employee alleging workplace discrimination in the terms, privileges, and conditions of his employment because of age, sex, and race. Hostile work environment claims were also alleged and dismissed.
- Bryan Beeler, et al. v. Board of Education of Jefferson County – Obtained summary judgment in case filed by seventeen former teachers challenging the school superintendent’s power to non-renew limited teaching contracts before tenure is obtained
- Linton v. Riddle, 2010 WL 2870327, W.D.Ky. 2010 – Obtained summary judgment and appellate affirmance in case by former employee alleging assault, libel, and violations of First and Fourteenth Amendment rights.
- White v. Jefferson County Public Schools, 2009 WL 50195, Ky. App., 2009 – Obtained summary judgment and appellate affirmance in case by former employees alleging race discrimination.
- Village Campground, Inc. v. Liberty Bank, 2008 WL 4998478, Ky. App., 2008 – Represented bank through jury trial and appeal against host of claims attributed to failure to timely release and/or an invalid assignment of a mortgage on a commercial campground.
- Pamela Bell v. National Amusements – Obtained defense verdict as lead counsel in matter alleging refreshment carry tray was defective and/or unreasonably dangerous and/or theatre premises were negligently maintained.
- Conco, Inc. v. Lockheed Martin Ordnance Systems, Inc. – Represented an Army defense contractor through jury trial and appeal in defense of multi-million dollar contract and tort claims asserted by a Government subcontractor.
- Jefferson County Board of Education
- Reynolds Consumer Products, LLC
- Bellarmine University
- Nugent Sand Company
- American Commercial Lines/Jeffboat
J.D., cum laude, University of Kentucky
- Associate Editor of the Kentucky Law Journal, 1996
B.A. with Honors and with Distinction, Indiana University, 1992 (Journalism and Political Science)
- Kentucky State Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Chambers and Partners USA in the area of Labor & Employment
- Professional AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® Commercial Litigation, 2013-2021
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the area of Labor/Employment Law – Defense by Louisville Magazine, 2014, 2015
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® 2013-2021
- Bingham Fellows, Class of 2007
- Business First’s 40 Under 40, 2006
- Leadership Kentucky, 2006
- Leadership Louisville, 2005
- 2004 Young Philanthropist of the Year – Awarded by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Fundraising Professionals of Metro Louisville
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisville and Kentucky Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute
- Leadership Kentucky, Board of Directors, 2009-2014
- Actors Theatre of Louisville, Board of Directors,2009-2014 and 2003 – 2005; Generation One Board Chairman, 2005 – 2007; Generation One Board President, 2003 – 2005
- Youth Baseball/Basketball Coach, 2005 – present
- Legal Aid Society of Louisville, 1997 – 2002, Landlord/Tenant Project, Over 200 hours of Volunteer Legal Service
“Liability of Directors and Officers under FIRREA: The Uncertain Standard of § 1821 (K) and the Need for Congressional Reform,” Kentucky Law Journal (Vol. 83, Book 3, Spring 1994-95).