Guidance for Celebrating Halloween
On October 1, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear and Kentucky Public Health issued Guidance for Celebrating Halloween designed to curb the spread of COVID-19. This document provides guidance for parents and guardians, community members, and operators of events and attractions on ways to lower risks and, if trick-or-treating is permitted, tips on doing it safely:
- Place individually wrapped candy outside on the porch, driveway, or table.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not within your household.
- Always wear a face covering. Halloween masks DO NOT count as a face covering.
- Clean hands before and after touching the wrapped candy.
- Trick-or-treat in family groups and don’t congregate in large groups.
- Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood and do not travel to other neighborhoods.
This guidance is also summarized in a one-page document entitled Celebrate Halloween Safely.