Bob Heath is Chair of the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the various areas of business law, including securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and health care law. Show More
J.D, cum laude, University of Michigan, University of Michigan Law School, 1984
B.S. with high distinction, Indiana University Bloomington, 1981 (Accounting)
- All Kentucky state courts
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Kentucky, Eastern District of Kentucky and District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Recognized by his peers as one of the Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers® 2023 Louisville Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Louisville Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2019-2020 Louisville Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Louisville Mergers and Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Louisville Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2007-present; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2017-present
- “AV” rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the areas of Antitrust Law (2013), Business-Commercial Law (2013-2014), Corporate Law (2013-2014), Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2013-2014) and Securities Law (2013-2014) by Louisville Magazine
Passed Uniform CPA Examination, 1981
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations
- American Health Law Association
- 2005 Inaugural Class of the Healthcare Fellows of the HealthEnterpriseNetwork/Louisville
- Active member of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
- Board of Directors, Nazareth Home, Inc.
- “Antitrust Law in Health Care Industry,” Kentucky Health Law (5th Ed. 2009 UK/CLE).
- “Antitrust Law in Health Care Industry,” Kentucky Health Law (4th Ed. 2004 UK/CLE).
Mr. Heath has lectured on various business law and health care issues.