Robert A. Heath
Bob Heath is Chair of the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the various areas of business law, including securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and health care law.Show More
- Acquisition of Methodist-Evangelical Hospital and formation of Alliant Health System, Inc.
- Acquisition of Arlington International Racecourse, Inc. by Churchill Downs Incorporated
- Acquisition of Calder Race Course, Inc. by Churchill Downs Incorporated
- Acquisition of Fairgrounds Race Course by Churchill Downs Incorporated
- Acquisition of Admiral Nelson brand by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc.
- Acquisition of Domaine de Canton brand by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc.
- Acquisition of Cohen Fashion Optical by Houchens Industries, Inc.
- Acquisition of Tampico Beverages by Houchens Industries, Inc.
- Churchill Downs Incorporated $80,000,000 underwritten public offering
- Owensboro Medical Health System, Inc. $527,000,000 tax-exempt financing
- Sypris Solutions, Inc. $61,000,000 underwritten public offering
- Sypris Solutions, Inc. $72,000,000 underwritten public offering
- Ebonite International, Inc.
- Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc.
- Houchens Industries, Inc.
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Owensboro Health, Inc.
- Springstone, Inc.
- Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Inc.
- Trover Solutions, Inc.
J.D, cum laude, University of Michigan, University of Michigan Law School, 1984
- Senior Judge
B.S. with high distinction, Indiana University Bloomington, 1981 (Accounting)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- All Kentucky state courts
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Kentucky, Eastern District of Kentucky and District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Recognized by his peers as one of the Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Louisville Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2019-2020 Louisville Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Louisville Mergers and Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Louisville Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2007-present; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2017-present
- “AV” rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the areas of Antitrust Law (2013), Business-Commercial Law (2013-2014), Corporate Law (2013-2014), Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2013-2014) and Securities Law (2013-2014) by Louisville Magazine
Passed Uniform CPA Examination, 1981
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations
- American Health Law Association
- 2005 Inaugural Class of the Healthcare Fellows of the HealthEnterpriseNetwork/Louisville
- Active member of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
- Board of Directors, Nazareth Home, Inc.
- “Antitrust Law in Health Care Industry,” Kentucky Health Law (5th Ed. 2009 UK/CLE).
- “Antitrust Law in Health Care Industry,” Kentucky Health Law (4th Ed. 2004 UK/CLE).
Mr. Heath has lectured on various business law and health care issues.