Emily H. Lineweaver
Emily Lineweaver is a member of the Firm’s Health Care Service team and concentrates her practice in the areas of health care and related litigation.Show More
- Advised a national dialysis provider on regulatory compliance with Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute relating to different treatment modalities.
- Represented a regional hospital system and a national dialysis provider in the sale and transfer of business assets and interest, including the sale of health care facilities.
- Represents nephrologists in negotiating medical director agreements and joint ventures with dialysis companies.
- Represents a regional hospital system challenging a certificate of need application of a competing hospital system.
- Advised a regional hospital system on treatment decisions related to pediatric involuntary hospitalization.
- Represented a behavioral health multi-specialty group under governmental investigation alleging violation of the federal False Claims Act.
- Represents hospitals and other health care providers in resolving Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues relating to outpatient treatment.
J.D., University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, summa cum laude, 2021
- Recipient of 3 CALI Awards
- University of Louisville Law Review
B.A., Western Kentucky University, 2011 (Public Relations)
- Intern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge Colin H. Lindsay, Western District of Kentucky, 2021
- Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs – Clerk, 2020
- The Poppe Law Firm – Summer Law Clerk- 2019
- Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana – Event Logistics Manager, 2015-18
- JAM Brands – Event Planner, 2013-14
- Prolanthropy – Events Manager, 2012-13
- Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce – Intern