Our hospitality clients understand customer service and satisfaction. Our Hospitality team understands that our clients are looking for the same great service from their attorneys.
Related to our Commercial Real Estate Practice, hospitality law is an area of practice focused on the hotel, bar and restaurant industries. Our team provides counsel to purchasers, sellers, owners, operators, developers, franchisees, service providers, borrowers, lenders, and investors on many industry-related issues, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financing, refinancing, and restructuring
- Joint venture, partnership, and limited liability company agreements
- Management Agreements and operation agreements
- Construction and development agreements
- Strategic planning
- Corporate structuring and counsel
- Portfolio transactions and single-asset transactions
- Multi-state representations
- Development, acquisition, and disposition
- Branding and licensing
- Dispute resolution
- Liquor licensing
Additionally, hospitality clients require experience across many areas, including:
- Commercial Real estate. Representing developers and purchaser in acquisitions, as well as financing and other acquisition and development-related issues.
- Land Use and Zoning. Representing clients in securing the necessary land use, zoning and other permits, easements and restrictions for the project.
- Leasing. Our lawyers maintain a sophisticated understanding of the inner workings of lease provisions and overall project leasing whether you prefer to lease the entire property (as a tenant or as a landlord), as well as subleasing all types of properties, including office, retail, and other hospitality uses such as restaurants. We also assist our landlord and tenant clients in assessing and enforcing their rights and remedies under their leases.
- Corporate and Securities. Offering guidance on company governance and SEC requirements. Advising corporations, boards of directors, committees, officers, shareholders, limited liability companies, and others; fiduciary responsibilities; and succession planning. Assisting with public equity and debt offerings, as well as growth strategies and a variety of securities related matters.
- Labor and employment. Providing training and tools for effective labor-management relations; helping develop policies for compliance with labor laws, discrimination laws, and wage and hour laws; and providing support for labor disputes.
- Intellectual property. Assisting with trademark protection and maintenance; infringement enforcement issues; strategic counsel on information technology matters, including software, licensing, technology outsourcing agreements, leasing, and maintenance.
- Litigation. Providing support for all matters, including litigation, alternative dispute resolution, civil lawsuits, and criminal or government investigations.
- Tax. Providing transactional planning, tax structuring, 1031 exchanges and structuring and creation of qualified opportunity funds
- Complex Financial and Corporate Transactions In addition to traditional real estate loans, we provide services related to private equity financing; securitized and syndicated loans; participating loans; and mezzanine and other hybrid loans and financings.
- Business Operations and Strategy. Wyatt attorneys act as business advisors and general counsel to assist hospitality clients with day-to-day operations and decisions and in serving as or retaining local counsel as needed. Our attorneys negotiate and draft employment agreements and management agreements.
- Construction and Real Estate Our attorneys negotiate and draft development agreements; architectural, engineering and other design agreements; construction management agreements; and general contracts.
- Engineering Reports. Reviewing Surveys, Phase Is and further environmental investigations, and other investigative reports as well as negotiating Brownfield agreements, easement agreements, and other documents related to real estate.
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Wyatt has extensive experience in helping clients minimize the risk and impact of costly litigation that arises in the course of business. From contract disputes with vendors and suppliers, employment-related actions and construction litigation, to protecting valuable intellectual property, the firm seeks to resolve matters quickly and favorably.
- Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration Wyatt can work with you towards compliance with federal, state and local employment laws; drafting and negotiating employment-related agreements such as executive contracts, noncompete agreements; confidentiality agreements; and separation agreements. We have immigration attorneys available to handle visas and other immigration issues.
- Franchising. We are available to assist in negotiating your agreement with Franchisors.