Sarah K. Vandegrift
How do you achieve success for clients?
By always remembering that the client is the focus of everything we do. No matter what the task, the client is in the room with us and the most important one at that.
Sarah Katherine Vandegrift has over 30 years of experience in civil litigation and is a member of the Firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Service Team. She handles complex litigation matters and assists the firm’s attorneys in all aspects of the litigation process from discovery, document management and analytical document review to trial preparation and trial. She has extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts in Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, as well as in other administrative venues.Show More
- Serves as lead paralegal on multi-million dollar commercial litigation lawsuits including accountant malpractice cases, long term coal supply contract disputes and oil and gas royalty disputes.
- Assists the Health Care Department with Certificate of Need hearings before Administrative Law Judges.
- Served as paralegal to the General Counsel for the Kentucky Corrections Cabinet; conducted extensive legal research and policy development in preparation for implementation of new execution procedures for death row inmates; involved in a large class action lawsuit and trial, as well as multiple civil rights and tort actions and trials.
- Pioneered the use of the Firm’s extranet site that allows clients to access a large database of documents for various cases and filings.
A. A., Paralegal Studies, summa cum laude, Midway College, 1979
- Who’s Who Among American Junior Colleges, 1979
- Corrections Cabinet Secretary’s Award for Outstanding Service, 1982
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member and Past Board Member, Lexington Paralegal Association
- Advisory Board Member for Paralegal Studies, Eastern Kentucky University, 2002 – 2005
- Advisory Board Member for Paralegal Studies, Midway College, 1998 – 2000
- Adjunct faculty member, Sullivan University Paralegal Program, 1997 – 1998
Volunteer, Opportunities for Life, Catholic Charities
Assisted with “The Extranet Revolution,” Legal Assistant Today, Nov/Dec 2006 edition