Richard C. Raines
Richard Raines is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate & Construction Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the areas of financial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and real estate acquisition, development and disposition.
Mr. Raines represents financial institutions in transactional practice, including commercial asset based and real estate loans, work outs and foreclosures. He also represents real estate developers and leasing and acquisition entities on a national basis, possessing experience in contract negotiation, title and survey evaluations and tenant lease matters. He is also an approved title attorney for national title companies.Show More
- J.D., University of Memphis (formerly Memphis State University), 1974
- B.B.A., University of Memphis, 1971
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in Real Estate
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Corporate Law, Real Estate Law and Securitization and Structured Finance Law 2005-present.
- Best Lawyers® 2012, 2017, 2019 Memphis Securitization and Structured Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Tennessee, in the area of Real Estate
- Highest Professional Rating (AV®) by Martindale-Hubbell
General Counsel to Union Planters Bank (now Regions Bank)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Memphis Bar Association
- Shelby County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
Mr. Raines has lectured at educational seminars on real estate, banking and contract law.