Meredith L. Eason
Meredith Eason is a member of the Firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Service Team. She concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law.Show More
- Represented employers in individual, consolidated and class action litigation involving employment discrimination, wage and hour law, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and other disputes.
- Resolved commercial litigation matters for large corporations through summary judgment motions, jury trials, bench trials, mediations, arbitration and settlement negotiations.
- Drafted three briefs filed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and successfully argued before the Tennessee Court of Appeals in Nashville, Tennessee.
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- Chancellor’s Law Scholar
- Moot Court
- Research Assistant, Professors Terry Maroney and Jeffrey Schoenblum
- Completed more than 200 hours of pro bono legal service, 2011
B.A., cum laude, Villanova University (Philosophy, Communications)
- Connelly-Delouvrier International Scholar; Dean’s List, 2008
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. Rising Star Award 2018
- Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Eason practiced law with a Nashville civil litigation firm where she focused her practice in premises liability defense, insurance defense and insurance subrogation.
- In law school, she interned with Select Medical Corporation, the Davidson County District Attorney General’s Office and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, Nashville Field Division.
- Junior League of Nashville – Vice President of Membership; Nominating Committee; Project Chair Coordinator – Literacy; Done in a Day Co-Chair; Grants Committee
- Young Leaders Council – Board Member, Alumni Engagement Committee; JLN Spring 2014 Class
- Oasis Center – Board Member Intern 2014-2015
- Nashville Emerging Leaders, Spring 2018 Class
- “Maintaining the Status Quo: NLRB Upholds the Contract Bar” Wyatt Employment Law Report, April 2021.
- “Can Employers Limit Off-Duty Activities and Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic?” Wyatt Employment Law Report, August 2020.
- “Employers are Still Required to WARN Employees of Workplace Closings or Layoffs,” Wyatt Employment Law Report, April 2020.
- Co-Author, “COVID-19 Practical Guide for Employers – FAQ’s,” Wyatt Employment Law Report, March 2020.
- “Employer Tax Credits For Emergency COVID-19 Leave Available Immediately,” Wyatt Employment Law Report, March 2020.
- “Tennessee Joins Other States in Effort ot Increase Access to Unemployment Benefits for Workers Affected by COVID-19,” Wyatt Employment Law Report, March 2020.
- “Drug Testing in the Workplace,” 22nd Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Nashville, TN (December 2019)
- “Navigating #MeToo: A Guide to Addressing Sexual Harrassment Issues in the Workplace,” 21st Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Nashville Tennessee (December 2018)
- “Recent Employment Law Developments and Tips for Effectively Managing Your Workforce”
- 22nd Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Memphis, Tennessee (April 2018)
- 20th Annual Corporate Counsel Seminar, Nashville, Tennessee (December 2017)