Mark J. Farmer
Mark Farmer is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Team and serves on the Firm’s Executive Committee. He concentrates his practice in general business law, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital/private equity investments. He represents clients in stock and asset purchases, mergers, debt and equity financing and complex contract negotiations in various industries, including healthcare, financial services, distilled spirits and international manufacturing.Show More
- Ongoing representation of hedge fund client in numerous acquisitions and equity investments.
- Regularly represents health care providers in sale and acquisition transactions.
- Regularly represents a distributor of laboratory and medical equipment in various corporate, transactional and regulatory matters.
- Regularly represents a durable medical equipment manufacturer and distributor in various corporate, transactional and regulatory matters.
- Regularly represents lenders and borrowers in various secured and unsecured lending transactions.
- Regularly represents registered broker-dealers in private debt and equity private placements.
- Representation of a global software development and distribution company in connection with regulatory and corporate governance matters worldwide.
- Representation of financial institutions in sale and acquisition transactions.
- Representation of renewable energy-based electric generation provider in connection with early stage debt and equity financing as well as regulatory and corporate governance matters.
- Representation of numerous entrepreneurs and families in the sale of privately held businesses to strategic buyers and private equity backed buyers. These businesses include nursing homes, industrial electrical contractors, alcoholic spirits brands, software, timber, consumer products, industrial cleaning and restaurant concepts.
J. D., University of Louisville School of Law, magna cum laude, 2008
- Articles Editor on the University of Louisville Law Review
- Client Counseling Moot Court Team, 2008
B.A. (Economics and Political Science), DePauw University, cum laude, 2005
- Member of the varsity soccer team, 2005
- “Mark Farmer is praised by market sources for his “quality work and outstanding response time.” He regularly assists a broad variety of clients in M&A and regulatory matters.” Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in Corporate Law/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2017-present
- Recognized by his peers as a Kentucky Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2013 – present
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Former Chairman of the Kentucky Bar Association Business Law Section
Leadership Louisville Class of 2015