Lynn N. Minton
How do you achieve success for clients?
Being a security blanket for clients in terms of our clients not having to worry about working directly with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We take the stress of “behind the scenes” business and put it where it needs to be…in the hands of capable people who love what they do.
Lynn Minton is a paralegal with more than 20 years of experience in Intellectual Property. She assists the Firm’s Intellectual Property Service Team in the handling of patent and trademark prosecution matters, both domestically and internationally. This assistance includes the research, collection and organization of data and other important legal and administrative functions.Show More
- Assisted in all stages of patent prosecution, including filing domestic and international patent applications both electronically and by mail, conducting chain of title searches, contacting foreign patent counsel and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Assisted various Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina and Ohio manufacturing companies with focuses in filtration, plastics, tobacco, and surgical apparatus fields in pursuing patent protection in the United States and internationally.
- Assisted various mid-size and small manufacturing companies located throughout the United States with sports, education, tool and die, and veterinary focuses in obtaining patent protection in the United States and internationally.
- Assisted independent inventors with the patenting of various inventions ranging from pet-related inventions to golf and gaming inventions.
- Managed the maintenance of United States and foreign patents for large, mid-size, small companies, and also independent inventors through “on-time” client contact.
- Experienced with inter partes reexamination filings and prosecution.
- Serves as the intellectual property docket coordinator, maintaining vital calendaring of Wyatt’s client matters and will soon begin serving the trademark area of Intellectual Property by filing U.S. and international trademark applications.
- Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies, Sullivan College, 1998
- B.S., University of Louisville, 1990
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
Member, Louisville Association of Paralegals