Jordan M. White
Jordan White is a member of the Firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Labor & Employment Service Teams. He focuses his practice on general business litigation, complex commercial disputes, banking/financial service litigation, creditors’ rights, and trust, estates and other fiduciary litigation.Show More
- Mayberry, et al. v. KKR & Co., L.P., et al. The firm represents Blackstone Inc. and related entities in a derivative suit brought on behalf of the Kentucky Retirement System alleging breach of statutory and fiduciary duties, civil conspiracy and aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary and statutory duties.
- City of Murray, Ky. v. Robertson Inc. Bridge and Grading Division, No. 5:17-cv-8, 2017 WL 5078941 (W.D. Ky. Nov. 3, 2017): Obtained order dismissing contractor’s third party claims against engineering firm.
- Hurley Holland v. LVNV Funding, LLC, Case No. 5:16-cv-00069, 2016 WL 6156187 (W.D. Ky. Oct. 21, 2016): Obtained order dismissing plaintiff’s FDCPA claims and compelling arbitration.
- Represent corporate and individual trustees, beneficiaries, and other interested parties in the litigation of trusts and contested probate proceedings, including conservatorships, guardianships, will contests, claims or defense of claims of breaches of fiduciary duties by trustees and other fiduciaries (e.g., self-dealing, conflicts of interest, breach of trust), accountings, issues of trust modification and reformation, allegations or protection from allegations of undue influence or fraudulent conveyances, and interpretation, advocacy, or defense of testamentary capacity and decedent’s intent.
- Represent state and nationally chartered banks and other financial service institutions as both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including lender liability claims, consumer class actions, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims, commercial and residential real estate foreclosures and disputes, Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) matters, and general contract and business tort litigation.
- Represent debt collectors, debt buyers, collection attorneys, and various financial services companies including defending single-plaintiff and class action lawsuits alleging violations of the FDCPA and FCRA in Kentucky state and federal courts.
- Represent medical equipment manufacturing company in various products liability actions.
- Obtained summary judgment for county board of education in retaliation, race, gender, and age discrimination actions, as well as obtaining dismissal of negligence claims in premises liability, wrongful death and negligent hiring/retention actions.
- Represent buyers and sellers in various real estate contract disputes both in arbitration and court proceedings
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law; 2015
- Member, Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Team
- Top Grade Award, Torts II, Secured Transactions, Products Liability
B.S., summa cum laude, Kentucky Wesleyan College; 2012 (Accounting)
- Second-team NCAA Baseball All-American;
- Two-time GLVC Baseball Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- GLVC Council of President’s Academic Excellence Award
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023
- Recognized by his peers as a Kentucky Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2018-2023
- 2018 Kentucky Wesleyan Alumni Outstanding Young Graduate Award winner
- Leadership Louisville Class of 2022
- Summer Associate, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, 2014
- Law Clerk, O’Bryan, Brown & Toner, PLLC, May 2013-August 2013
- Tax Intern, BKD, LLP CPAs & Advisors, May 2012-August 2012
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association