Jacob N. Eldemire Smith
How do you achieve success for clients?
I achieve success for clients by fully immersing myself in their legal matters, taking the posture of a student aiming to learn every possible angle of the unique factual and legal issues associated with their cases, and leaving no stone unturned in legal research, written advocacy, and oral advocacy.
Jake Eldemire Smith is a member of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution team. He assists with the representation of a broad range of clients in a variety of cases, including appellate practice, constitutional law, commercial litigation and transactional matters.Show More
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, 2019
- Member of the Journal of Law and Education
- National Moot Court Team competitor
B.S., University of Louisville, 2014 (Business Economics)
- A four-year starter as an offensive lineman on the Louisville Cardinals football team where he received multiple honors including Freshman All-American, two-time Conference Champion, All-Big East, First Team All-AAC, All-ACC, Team Captain, “Offensive Grinder” Award for work ethic and school record for most games started (51)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
Kentucky Bar Association
- Summer Associate, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, 2018
- Graduate Assistant, University of Louisville Athletic Department, 2015 – 2017
“Employees Injured While Working Remotely May be Entitled to Workers’ Compensation.” Wyatt Employment Law Report, May 2020.