Harris A. Gilbert
Harris Gilbert is a member of the Firm’s Trusts, Estates & Personal Planning Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the areas of probate and estate planning, business and real estate law.Show More
- J.D., University of Chicago, 1955
- B.A., Yale University, 1952
- “AV” rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Tennessee Bar Association named the Harris A. Gilbert Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year Award in his honor, June 1995
Assistant District Attorney for Tennessee, 1957-59, where he founded the Uniform Reciprocal Child Support Program for Davidson County.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- Estate Planning Council of Nashville, President
- Former Chairman of the Tennessee Bar Foundation
- Past Board Member of the Nashville Bar Association and Tennessee Bar Association (President 1994-95) and American Bar Association
- Past member of the Board of Governors, Tennessee Bar Association,1981-1994
- Nashville School of Law past Board Member & Instructor
Leader in the support of pro bono programs in Tennessee. Mr. Gilbert is recognized as a founder of Legal Services of Middle Tennessee, and its main conference room is co-named in his honor.