Caryn F. Price
How do you achieve success for clients?
We achieve success by delivering the best possible result while providing excellent value.
Caryn Price is a member of the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Team. She concentrates her practice in the areas of banking, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities law.
- Extensive experience in closing New Markets Tax Credit transactions, representing community development entities/allocatees, investors and leveraged lenders.
- Strategic planning and acquisition/sale transactions, including transactions in regulated industries.
- SEC reporting and compliance with securities law and stock exchange listing requirements.
- Corporate governance and executive compensation.
- Investor and public communications and disclosures.
- Bank regulatory compliance.
- Capital raising transactions, including stock offerings and the issuance of trust preferred securities.
- Venture capital transactions, including initial and subsequent equity rounds.
- Representation of a financial institution allocatee of New Markets Tax Credits in connection with several projects utilizing New Markets Tax Credits including the construction/ expansion of the facilities of a non-profit organization providing services to medically fragile and/or abused children and the construction/renovation of mixed use properties.
- Representation of several regional financial institutions serving as investor and/or lender in connection with leveraged loan New Markets Tax Credit transactions, including the construction of a ballpark stadium and mixed use facility, the refinancing and renovation of a medical office building, and the creation of small business and revolving loan funds.
- Representation of a community bank holding company in its successful defense of a hostile tender offer for its common stock.
- Representation of a specialty coal producer in Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee in connection with its organizational structure, governance, raising debt and equity capital.
- Representation of a web-based publishing company in connection with its organization, private placement of units and commercial bank loans.
- Representation of an energy consulting firm in connection with its recapitalization .
- Representation of a medical device manufacturing company in connection with early stage debt and equity financings by venture capital firms, corporate governance issues and a recapitalization.
- Representation of a community bank holding company in connection with its underwritten public stock offering and its acquisition of another banking institution.
- Representation of a diversified conglomerate in connection with its acquisition of a large fence distributor.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1983
- B.A., Transylvania University, 1980
- Highest Professional Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Banking & Finance Law, 2006-2021 and Financial Services Regulation Law, 2006-2017
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Lectured on banking, corporate and securities law topics