How do you achieve success for clients?
I maintain a calm and collected manner in challenging situations in order to provide efficient and effective results for the client.
Angela Thompson is a paralegal for the Firm’s Labor & Employment Service Team. She assists with all stages of the litigation and appeals process and various immigration matters.Show More
- Serves as lead paralegal to defense counsel representing both global and national entities, banks, and higher education institutions in various litigation cases including sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and retaliation.
- Utilizes litigation and document management software to organize and manage voluminous amounts of case data.
- Assists attorneys with all stages of trial preparation and trial, including the utilization of courtroom technology to effectively present evidence and demonstrative aids during trial; has assisted with numerous trials in federal court and various Kentucky state courts.
- Assists attorneys with both immigrant and non-immigrant visa application processes: H, L, and E visas for professionals; green card applications (both family and employment-based); and naturalization applications.
- Manages H-2B visa process each year from start to finish, under the supervision of immigration attorneys, for multiple non-agricultural clients.
B.A. in Paralegal Science, magna cum laude, Eastern Kentucky University, 2002
Member of Lambda Epsilon Chi, National Paralegal Honor Society, 2002
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Greater Lexington Paralegal Association, 2006 – Present (served as 2007 Newsletter Chairperson)
- Eastern Kentucky University Student Paralegal Advisory Board Member, 2007 – 2009
- Hospice of the Bluegrass – Volunteer