Allison Grogan Buckley
How do your clients define success?
For my clients in commercial real estate, success isn’t just whether or not they get the lease signed or the deal closed – it’s whether five years down the road they’ve had any unpleasant surprises that we could have planned for.
Allison Grogan Buckley is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate and Lending Service Team. She concentrates her practice in real estate, construction and immigration law.Show More
- Drafting deeds conveying real estate to and from businesses, trusts, trust beneficiaries and individuals.
- Assisting in the drafting of commercial loan documents including mortgages, security agreements, promissory notes, guaranties, trademark assignments and amendments extending lines of credit.
- Assisted nationally recognized railroad company in multi-million dollar acquisition of several miles of right-of-way.
- Provided local counsel opinions in connection with a variety of multi-state loan transactions.
- Represented landlords and tenants in various commercial lease transactions.
- Regularly represents lenders in foreclosure of commercial and residential properties.
- Regularly performs commercial and residential title examinations.
- Represents employers in securing various forms of nonimmigrant visas (H, L, E) for professionals.
- Assisted healthcare provider in obtaining J-waiver for physician employee.
J.D., University of Kentucky, 2001
- Order of the Coif, Real Estate Transactions CALI Award, 2001
- Kentucky Law Journal Business Manager, Moot Court Board, 2001
B.A., magna cum laude, DePauw University, 2006 (English Writing and Spanish)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
Recognized by her peers as a Kentucky Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2016-2018, 2020-2021
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fayette County and Kentucky Bar (Young Lawyers Division; Women Lawyers Section) Associations
- Vice President, Bluegrass Families First, Inc.
- Pro Bono Representation, Lexington Habitat for Humanity, Inc
- Co-Chair of Wyatt’s Corporate Giving Program for LexArt
- Board of Directors, Grogan’s Healthcare Supply, Inc.
- “Legal Aspects of Horse Farm Operations,” (4th ed. 2014), University of Kentucky College of Law, Office of Continuing Legal Education, Contributing Author.
- “Restraints on Alienation of Coal Leases,” Thirty-Third Annual Energy & Mineral Law Institute, Vol. II (2012), Energy & Mineral Law Foundation, Contributing Author.
- “The Title Insurance Commitment and Closing Letters,” NBI “Title Law From Start to Finish,” (2015).
- “Title Search and Examination Fundamentals,” NBI “Title Law From Start to Finish” Seminar, Louisville, Kentucky (June 2015)
- “The Title Insurance Commitment and Closing Letters,” NBI “Title Law From Start to Finish” Seminar, Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky (June 2015)
- “Employers’ Guide to Compliance with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Indiana Society for Human Resource Management (“SHRM”) Speaker Series (January 2013)
- “How to Get Sued: HR Errors to Avoid,” Wyatt Employment Law Seminar for HR Professionals and In-House Attorneys, Co-Presented with Courtney Samford, (April 2012)