Grover C. Potts, Jr.
Grover Potts is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate & Lending Service Team. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business, real estate, labor and employment, commercial litigation, municipal and zoning law.Show More
Mr. Potts represents a broad range of clients from governmental units and agencies, to closely-held companies and multinational Fortune 500 corporations. He is General Counsel to the largest private university system in Kentucky, and also serves as General Counsel and a member of the Board of Directors of a multinational dental supply and restoration company.
Mr. Potts has also represented a local redevelopment authority in the first privatization in place of a military installation, Naval Ordnance Station, Louisville, converting the facility to a publicly owned industrial park and preserving over 2000 jobs for the community.
- J.D., University of Louisville, 1969
- B.S.C., University of Louisville, 1966
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- United States District Court of Kentucky – Eastern and Western Districts
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Sixth Circuits
- Highest Professional Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America® Real Estate Law, since 2005 and Real Estate Litigation since 2013
- Best Lawyers® Louisville Litigation-Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year,” 2012, 2017, 2019, 2021
- Recognized by his peers as one of the Kentucky Super Lawyers® since 2007
- Leadership Louisville, 1987
- Bingham Fellows IV, 1994
- Assistant Director of Law, City of Louisville, Kentucky
- Captain, U.S. Air Force, Judge Advocate General’s Office
- City Attorney, City of Prospect, Kentucky
- General Counsel, Louisville Redevelopment Authority, Inc.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations
- Greater Louisville, Inc.
- The Cardinal Club
- President of the Board of Directors of the Presbyterian Community Center, a social service agency
- Board Member and President, Metro Housing Resources, Inc., a developer of low income housing
- Counsel to the Board of Directors for the Louisville Collegiate School, Board member, for nine years, and past President
- Past Vice President and member on the Board of Directors of the St. James Court Historical Association
- Past Chair of the St. James Court Art Show, a premier art show with over 700 exhibitors and annual attendance in excess of 350,000 people
- Former President of the Louisville Boat Club
- Past Chair and member of the Board of Regents of Historic Locust Grove, Inc., for nine years