Real Estate Development, Financing, and Transactions
Zoning & Land Use
The Zoning and Land Use practice at Wyatt is designed to meet all of the needs of today’s developers, businesses and property owners, from obtaining zoning changes and subdivision approvals to handling land use litigation and appeals in court. We represent a large and diverse base of clients, ranging from large real estate developers to non-profit corporations to homeowners’ associations. Our team approach enables us to blend the talent of our attorneys practicing in various areas of the law to help the client achieve its goals quickly and efficiently.
The attorneys in our zoning and land use practice are available to represent and counsel clients on matters such as:
- Land Use and Development Approvals
- Zoning Changes
- Conditional Use Permits
- Subdivision Approvals
- Land Use Litigation and Appeals
- Successfully navigated a complex entitlement process for a large distribution facility, including annexation, amendments to local zoning ordinances and legislative approvals.
- Represented a national developer to obtain land use approvals for a $62 million mixed-use development, including historic preservation and landmarks approval, and coordination with Wyatt's Public Finance Service Team on bond financing and tax incentives.
- Handled real estate transactions (including zoning entitlements and litigation) for a large retail client with over 20 new stores throughout Kentucky.
- Handled all legal work for a multi-family development from acquisition contract through zoning and other entitlements to construction financing.
- Worked with local businesses and property owners in land use related matters including securing permits and zoning approvals for building expansions, nonconforming uses, rezoning, variances, and defending zoning violation citations and property maintenance code enforcement matters.
- Authored several zoning regulation and code amendments in different jurisdictions to assist clients and/or industries.
- Represented two large health care systems in obtaining zoning approvals for new hospitals.