Kentucky’s Public Health Restrictions and Recommendations
On December 10, 2020, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear announced the following public health restrictions and recommendations, effective December 14th:
- All public and private middle and high schools will continue remote instruction until Jan. 4, 2021. Elementary schools can return to in-person learning once their county is out of the red zone.
- Restaurants and bars can reopen at 50% capacity. Masks are required except when actively drinking or eating. Service must stop at 11 p.m.; establishments must close no later than 12 a.m.
- Indoor social gatherings are recommended to have no more than eight people from a maximum of two households. There is no recommended limit on the number of people from the same household. There is no limit on outdoor social gatherings.
- Gyms, fitness centers, pools and other indoor recreation facilities can operate at 50% capacity. Masks must be worn while exercising.
- Venues, event spaces and theaters can reopen at 50% capacity.
Professional services can operate with up to 50% of employees working in-person; however, all employees who are able to work from home must do so.